Friday, February 28, 2014

Athenos Roasted Garlic Hummus Review


Tub Size: I forgot
Cost: $2.50 at Safeway
Dipping Utensils: Carrots, tortilla chips, saltine crackers, salami, cheddar cheese

Review: I decided my first foray into the flavored hummus game would be of the roasted garlic variety. Initially I was a bit apprehensive as the combination of the roasted garlic and the carrot seemed to clash. I began to warm to the taste as I ventured through the tub, and by the end of it, I was actually quite pleased. Interestingly enough, I found that I very much enjoyed dipping salami into the hummus. I felt the garlic tones of the hummus really accented the sharpness of the salami. The first couple ounces of the tub left a little to be desired, but by the end of it, I was absolutely fiending for more of this Athenos jam. Don't be discouraged if at first you are hesitant to give in to the power of the hummus. It will win you over. I would give the Athenos Roasted Garlic Hummus a 4/5 chickpeas. Overall, it is a solid, entry-level hummus for those new to the hummus game. By the end of the tub, I was basically humming in my pants.


No comments:

Post a Comment